Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 IAPH Awards!
The IAPH 2020 World Ports Conference, due to take place between 17-19 March, was also due to announce the winners of the World Ports Sustainability Awards at a Gala Dinner for delegates. Sadly, due to the COVID19 crisis, the event had to be cancelled. Nonetheless, the winners of the six categories up for nomination for the IAPH 2020 World Ports Sustainability Awards were announced during an online ceremony broadcast yesterday, hosted by presenter Francesca Vanthielen. The winners are:
- Resilient Infrastructure: Green and Connected (Green C) Ports Project (collaborative project)
- Climate and Energy: The LOOP-Ports Project (collaborative project)
- Community Outreach and Port-City Dialogue (Port Development and ‘License to Operate’): Singapore’s Next Generation Tuas Port Project (Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore)
- Community Outreach and Port-City Dialogue (Externalities of Port Operation): Sunset Dock Project (Port of Vigo)
- Safety and Security: Emergency Preparedness Project (Port of Açu)
- Governance and Ethics: Applying the OECD Guidance for Responsible Business Conduct (collaborative project Dutch seaports)
We heartily congratulate the winners and recognise the other finalists for their outstanding projects. Both the winners and runners-up set the bar in applying the UN Sustainable Development Goals in practice in ports. We hope that many other ports in the world will be inspired by these initiatives.
If you missed the Awards broadcast or if you want to watch it again, you will find the recording below. Make sure to view till the end, where WPSP Technical Director Antonis Michail explains how to submit your project for next year’s Sustainability Awards competition.The deadline for submitting projects has been set at 1 March 2021.