Update: 1 March – IAPH World Ports Conference agenda remains in place
The health and safety of our visitors and partners remains our top priority, as we continue to plan ahead for the IAPH 2020 World Ports Conference, which is due to take place in Antwerp, Belgium between 17 -19 March. Recognizing the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreak, we continue to monitor the recommendations of safety and health officials. All guidelines of World Health Organization and the Belgian and local Antwerp health authorities are planned for the venue as well as attendee guidance on personal hygiene measures and common preventive behavior.
While there are currently no restrictions for travellers coming to Belgium, we are implementing the appropriate guidelines and protocols as suggested by the World Health Organization and other health authorities to contain and mitigate against any further spread of the Coronavirus and ensure the conference remains a healthy and productive venue for industry learning and relationship building. In addition, we are working in close collaboration with the Flanders Meeting and Convention Centre and the City of Antwerp to ensure a safe event for all attendees, including the following precautions:
Health and safety preparations for IAPH 2020
- Ample supply of hand sanitizers and tissue packs to be available for attendees at registration and throughout the venue
- A heightened disinfection and cleaning effort throughout the venue with a focus on high-usage touchpoints including entrances and exits, stairway and other railings, elevator buttons, surface areas, public touch-screens, and food areas.
- Awareness and training of all on-site staff regarding standard personal preventative measures, e.g. frequent use of sanitizing/disinfection products, etc.
- Advice to sponsors and table top exhibitors on implementing effective cleaning and disinfection of display areas, along with guidance on personal hygiene measures and common preventive behaviour
- Awareness campaign to encourage safe on-site practice, for instance regular handwashing
If and when there is further information to convey, we will communicate that promptly to attendees and conference partners. We look forward to seeing you in Antwerp.